We’re looking for a passionate DevOps Engineer to join our newly created Cloud and Platforms team, responsible for the operation, architecture, security, scalability and governance of the AWS environment for a high performing product team.
Continual learning and exploring of better approaches to problems are in our nature and you will have the opportunity to take a role in the adoption of best practices, standards and cutting-edge tools as the team grows.
Who we are:
Half of all SME’s fail in the first two years and lack of marketing capability is a consistent issue in the organisations that fail. Metigy is changing that paradigm on a global scale.
Metigy is the world’s leading AI-powered Digital Marketing solution made for SMEs.
Metigy is all about making the challenging yet critical elements of the marketing, easy and fun!
Our platform integrates with the leading social and digital marketing platforms, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, and provides the Strategy in the form of Insights, Recommendations and Decision support so even an inexperienced marketer can master marketing and grow their brand. Digital marketing has never been more important.
This is an exciting time to join Metigy as we are growing quickly! We have just completed a major capital raise and we are scaling globally and this means that there are lots of opportunities for you to have an influence and impact on our business. We aim to have a positive impact on the day to day work of our team, customers and the environment.
Why work for us?
- A fantastic opportunity to contribute to a great Australian scaleup taking on the world
- Modern tech stack in a cloud-native AWS environment
- An enjoyable, fun and collaborative work environment
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A totally flexible workplace – collaborate in the office and work remotely the rest of the week
- Options plan for passionate people after a qualifying period
- Manage the operational aspects of our existing products and platforms and ensure the security, governance, reliability and performance of products and platforms
- Build and maintain systems that will monitor all aspects of the application and the infrastructure
- Monitor and manage infrastructure to support 24/7 availability and respond to operational incidents
- Assist development team with deployment strategy and capacity planning across development, staging and production environments
- Work with the development team to deploy and manage tools that support SDLC automation, configuration management, and release management
- Development of scripted deployments using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and use of automated deployment tools.
- Development and maintenance of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Development of documentation and knowledge-base articles to support the use of the platform
- Participate in an on-call roster
What we’re looking for in you:
- Team player with experience of working in a DevOps culture.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS): EC2, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, Step Functions, Kinesis, S3, VPCs.
- Good knowledge and experience of AWS Security best practices.
- Infrastructure as code skills: Terraform, AWS CloudFormation or AWS CDK.
- Experience with revision control systems: Github, BitBucket or Gitlab.
- Expertise in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines and associated tooling.
- Knowledge and exposure of container technology and orchestration is a plus.
- Customer focused, friendly, and approachable.
- Great communication skills and ability to contribute to ongoing product, project and organisational technical directions.
- Excellent problem solving skills, taking responsibility to own issues until full resolution.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and growing environment.
- Attention to detail, the courage to innovate and fail, learning from the experience.
This is a permanent full-time position
How to Apply
If you like the sound of this role, please apply at the link below with your CV attached. If you’re after more info or would like a confidential chat, give Bec Myers a call on 0421 694 599.
You can find out more about Metigy on:
The Forward Thinking Podcast: An award-winning marketing podcast about Marketing by Marketers & Metigy
Metigy Blog: News & Announcements, Podcast updates and Awards!
Metigy Learning: Join the world’s leading community of forward-thinking SME Marketers